Wednesday 4 June 2014

Stone Roses Tribute: The Second Coming

It has taken a couple of weeks, but the Stone Roses Tribute build is finally back on track. After stripping back the original paint job back to bare wood, I found that I had pretty much ruined the binding completely. Paint stripper and plastic just doesn't mix people! It was a bad end to an epic fail - the second epic clear coat fail in as many weeks. To tell you the truth, I was pretty depressed about the whole damn project.

An email to Pit bull Guitars, and a package in the mail, changed all that. What began as an enquiry into the cost of re-binding my RC-1 kit body, ended with an offer from Adam and the Pit bull gang to send me a replacement neck and body (sourced from their kit returns) absolutely free of charge. Their resident lutheir, Dingobass, spent time making sure that the neck fit the replacement body, and they even covered the postage to get it here from WA. I was utterly blown away by their generosity. When the package arrived with the new neck and body, I was instantly re-energised and excited about the project.

In no time the body was sanded down to 400 grit, pore filled with Timbermate, and 2 coats of primer applied. This project has some traction again!


I may have taken a giant step backwards, but on the plus side, I get to do the whole Pollock splatter thing all over again!! Should be a whole new bunch of fun. Before I can do that, I need to let the primer dry, flatten it with 800 grit and apply a final coat. Then it will be on to the white acrylic gloss prior to flinging the colours. I can't wait! I dearly hope it looks as good as it did before - god I loved that original paint job.


I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and wait and see how it comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment