Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Scratch Pine Toronado: Pickguard

So I got in this morning and completed the routing of the red perloid pickguard for the Toronado. Not an amazing result, but I gave it my best and it's not bad for a first attempt with sausage fingers and poor router skills. Hopefully the next one will be better - I have to remake my MDF templates for both body and template so that they more closely correspond. If you don't look too closely, the end result still looks pretty good.



I've got two coats of acrylic clear on the body now. Just a few more coats and then I can leave it to cure. Probably 2 more days worth of spraying if the fine weather continues. She's coming along!