Saturday 1 February 2014

Les Paul Florentine: Polishing Tru-oil

After applying my Tru-oil coats in conjunction with wet sanding down to 2000 grit, I've finally finished the clear coats and have allowed them to cure for a couple of weeks. Now it's time to give the clear some polishing to deepen the shine.

I use Colortone polishing compounds from Stewmac - 'medium', 'fine' and 'swirl remover' grades.


After applying the medium grade compound I'm already liking the depth of shine I have been able to create. Take a look and see what you think:



Just another few days and the finish on this bad boy will finally be complete (phew). It has been a long, long run for this one! Then it's just a matter of shielding and wiring. Hmm, hang on, the wiring on this puppy is going to be a challenge - just like the 335 12 string!

No comments:

Post a Comment