Monday 5 May 2014

Flamed Telecaster: She's All Done.

Well the flamed telecaster is finally complete. I probably could have waited another couple of weeks for the Acrylic Clear to cure, but I never was very patient. In a month or so I'll give her another polish and that will be that. The hardware went on easily and without incident, and the wiring was a snap -  almost as easy as wiring a Strat.







I  still have to do a full fret-level and re-crown before this baby is completely done. I started to do it, but I wasn't able to immediately straighten out the fretboard for levelling. I've given the truss-rod a bit of a turn so I'll wait a few days to see if it straightens out. Even without the fret-level, the neck plays pretty nicely, and the GFS Professional Series 52 Vintage Pickups sound pretty sweet! She's now officially a 'Vintage' series ;). I've never owned a Telecaster before, and I'm really liking how it plays!

No comments:

Post a Comment