Monday 7 July 2014

Scratch Pine Toronado: Pickguard Mockup

Only a little progress on the Scratch build this weekend. I'm waiting on a couple of router bits to allow me to route the control cavity deep enough, and to round over the edges of the body. Until these come, there isn't much to be going on with. Despite this, I was able to decide on pickup placement and get my pickguard mock-up completed.


I'm really happy with the way it's looking. I really do think the Toronado is such a great body shape - no idea why Fender discontinued it. I could have built a Telecaster for my first scratch project but I'm so glad I went this way instead.

I've ordered some tortoiseshell material to create the final pickguard. I'm thinking of going with a black dye body finish, so hopefully these colours will go well together. With a little luck, I'm going to have a real shoe-gazer at the end of all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment