Tuesday 8 July 2014

Stone Roses Tribute: Second Pollocking Complete

Well the last dollop of colour went onto the sides of the Stone Roses RC-1 today. It's looking pretty good - definitely different from the first Pollocking attempt - but good all the same. It's more colourful this time around, and that's not a bad thing. I'm thinking about changing out the black pickup surrounds for white. What do you guys reckon?





Now that the colour coats are done I need to clean off the side of the binding (a little acrylic still made it on there in places), and scrape the top of the binding to provide a border around the top. After that is done I can get started on the clear coats. I'm thinking of going with Behlen satin nitro, but I'm also going to check out some satin poly sprays to see how they look. I've done paintings before with the poly spray and it really brings the colours out, but I'm not sure how long it would last on a guitar. I guess a few experiments are in order..

No comments:

Post a Comment