Saturday 13 June 2015

Pickup Winder: Wire Caddy

Procrastination is getting the better of me with this pickup winding deal. In the the packaging for the wire, it advises that the wire should slide off the side of the spool (perpendicular to the spool wind) whilst winding your pickups. I couldn't think of a way to nicely achieve this without some kind of caddy to point the wire spool towards the winder. And so, an hour today was spent building just such a caddy.

42 AWG wire spool sitting on the wire caddy.
So basically, there's now now excuse for me not starting to wind my first set of Stratocaster pickups. I have everything I need now in place. I just have to sit down and do it!

Everything is now ready to start winding my strat pickups.
Stay tuned, it's gonna happen any day now ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment