Tuesday 14 October 2014

Black Ash Telecaster: Red Tortoiseshell or Red Pearloid?

Well, it's been a few days without progress on any and all guitars. Bloody work is getting in the way of my building obsession. If I didn't need it to pay for guitar kits, maybe I'd chuck the whole IT thing in. Oh well - suck it up dude!

On the plus side, my alternate pickguard arrived from Pitbull today and I now have a choice to make. Tortoiseshell or Pearloid? They both look very similar, although the pearloid is a little darker in real life than it looks in the photo.



Well, what do you guys think? Ok, so there isn't much difference, but for my money it's the tortoiseshell (on the left).

Now if only I could find some time to finish off this body with a cut and polish, I could get the cavities shielded and this baby assembled. Soon. Hopefully.

Postscript 17/10/2014: Well it looks like overwhelming support for the tortoiseshell! I have gone ahead and ordered soume bourne 250K pots, an orange-drop cap and some Tonerider Hot Classics (pickups) for this baby. I can't wait to get her all wired up and to hear that rock twang!

No comments:

Post a Comment