Thursday 16 October 2014

Surf Monster Telecaster: Clear Coats

Well, for the last few weeks I've been meaning to get back to the seafoam green telecaster. I'm in the process of applying acrylic clear coats over the MTN 94 colour coats, but there was the Mosrite to get finished, and then my holiday. I've had two coats of acrylic clear on the body for quite some time now, but today I finally got the chance for a third coat.


I'm really liking the way it's looking. Take it from me, it looks much better in the sunlight - the photo is a little dark. I'll try to post a better picture in the next update.

Anyway, after this clear coat hardens, I'll level it with some 800 grit wet and dry, then give it a final coat ready for cutting and polishing. I'm loving my outdoor heater turned clear coats curer, It makes a tedious job very easy. I never managed the patience required to let the acrylic clear coats cure on their own...

No comments:

Post a Comment