Friday 29 August 2014

Johnny Ramone Mosrite: Speeding up the Curing


Well, I sprayed the final coat of acrylic clear on the Johnny Ramone Mosrite Ventures MkII and it's been 4 days curing in the bathroom. I've already gotten mega-impatient waiting. How the hell am I going to wait a whole month? No way Jose - not going to happen. And so I went to Bunnings today and bought myself an outdoor heater to speed up the curing process. If it's good enough for the guru Dingobass (in-house luthier with Pitbull Guitars), then it's good enough for me!


I had the Mosrite under the heater for a couple of hours each side today. I'll give it another few hours under the heater again on Monday and that should mean I can start cutting and polishing. Hmm or does it?? Using the IR lamp is a new technique for me so I'm not 100% sure of the times involved. I'll just have to play it by ear (and smell!) to see how long it needs. At least the impatience is gone and excitement is building again!

No comments:

Post a Comment