Well another great day for the Mosrite build - today I finally was able to get stuck into the final finishing of the body! I started with a thorough wet sanding with 1500 grit wet/dry to level up the surface. After this, it was on to further wet sanding with 2000 grit to remove the scratches. God damn my shoulders ached after those sessions let me tell you.
After the wet sanding it was on to the Meguiars compounds to bring the shine. Firstly I applied Meguiars Ultimate Compound. This is all by hand mind you - no buffing machines here in Holgate unfortunately! I needed three passes with the ultimate compound - working in little circles a small area at a time - before all the sanding marks were finally gone. It's quite amazing how shiny the acrylic lacquer looks after just this cut!
To finish things off, I moved to the Meguiars 2.0 ScratchX. This is when the shine really takes off! I'm very happy with how the body has come up. There's a few little marks here and there that pay witness to my outdoor clear-coating activities (damn little bugs!) but all in all she looks awesome - I'm one very happy pinhead!
I finally ordered my DiMarzio FS-1 today to go into the bridge pickup slot. It's exactly the same pickup as Johnny rocked. That should arrive in the next few days, allowing me to get this baby wired up and rocking!